South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI)
South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI) is a Forum of the SAIA representing Engineering Insurers in the South African short-term insurance market.
The main classes of insurance in the engineering sector include:
- Construction/Erection All Risks
- Advanced Loss of Profits following Construction/Erection All Risks
- Plant All Risks
- Machinery Breakdown
- Loss of Profits following Machinery Breakdown
- Deterioration of Stock following Machinery Breakdown
- Electronic Equipment All Risks
The strategic vision and mission for SAAEI can be summarised as follows:
To be an effective forum for raising awareness and to develop and promote understanding of the Engineering classes of business to the wider insurance market and related stakeholders.
- To build a network of international engineering insurance practitioners to share knowledge.
- To provide training to engineering insurance and related practitioners.
- To promote, investigate, develop and enhance technical matters relating to engineering insurance.
- To promote social interaction between members.
- To engage and participate with other stakeholders on matters concerning engineering insurance.
SAAEI Executive Committee Members:
- Susan de Wet Chair – Old Mutual Insure
- Philani Mbatha (Vice Chair) – Munich Reinsurance Company of Africa Ltd
- Kobus van Niekerk – Consort Technical Underwriters
- David Waterworth – Old Mutual Insure
- Keith Barlow-Jones – C & G
- Krushayev Moodley – Hollard
- Mark Barrow – Mirabilis
- Zain Hoosen – Bryte Insurance
- Sanet Olivier – Mirabilis
- Xolile Kahla – HDI Gerling Insurance
To contact or correspond with SAAEI through the above Executive Members, please contact: Promise Mhlanga (Senior Forums Secretariat)
South African Insurance Association (SAIA), Ground floor, Willowbrook House, Lake Drive, Constantia Office Park, c/o 14th Avenue and Hendrik Potgieter Street, Weltevreden Park, 1709, P.O Box 5098, Weltevreden Park, 1715
Tel: +27 11 726 5381, Telefax: 086 647 2275
- Chairman’s Review 2016
- Contractual agreements in construction projects
- Cyber Risk
- Renewable Energy/Power projects
- Plant All Risks (New Replacement Value’s/Market Value’s and Average
- Third Party Liability (Premium and Claims)
- Inherent Defects