SAIA is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is processed for lawful purposes in a fair, secure and responsible manner.
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) is the representative body of the non-life insurance industry.
Address: Ground Floor, Willowbrook House, Constantia Office Park, C/O 14th Avenue & Hendrik Potgieter Street, Weltevreden Park
This privacy notice applies to all prospective, present, and past SAIA stakeholders, including but not limited to the following:
- SAIA members
- Third Party Service Providers
- SAIA subsidiaries – unless specifically provided otherwise.
Types of personal information collected
We may collect the following types or categories of personal information, including:
- Contact details such as name, email address, telephone number and work location.
- Company details required for third parties.
- Confidential information that relates to organisations and member companies
- Government issued identification numbers for the purposes of employee application validation, employee administration and third parties’ registration and administration.
- Information related to candidate or employee race and disability status for BBBEE reporting purposes.
- Other relevant personal information to enable us to deliver on our mandate.
We may make use of third-party services to enable us to deliver on our mandate to ourstakeholders. Our third parties are required to comply with and agree to required privacy practices and controls. Examples of third parties with whom we may share personal information, include:
- Member companies
- Regulatory Authorities
- Service providers
- Other industry bodies
Disclosure of your personal information
SAIA will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than as disclosed in this policy or explicitly agreed with you. Further, we will only disclose your personal information if:
- The law requires it.
- We have a public duty to disclose the information.
- If it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity.
- Our or your legitimate interests require disclosure.
- You consented to such disclosure.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To update SAIA’s records about you and for the purpose of retaining records about you.
- To communicate with you in the course of SAIA’s ordinary business activities.
- Research, training, and statistical analysis with the aim of improving SAIA’s content and services by making them easier to use and by providing access to certain sections of this website.
- To prevent or detect any unlawful activities.
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints or processing your requests in relation to your personal information.
- To follow up on any enquiries and complaints as part of SAIA’s procedures.
How we secure Personal Information
We endeavour to protect the security, availability, and confidentiality of Personal Information by implementing and maintaining reasonable technical and organisational controls.
Cross-Border Transfers of your Personal Information
Given the nature of our business and information technology infrastructure, your personal information may be transferred to other countries, some of which may have different data protection laws to those that are applicable in the country in which you reside. We will at all times ensure that your personal information is protected in terms of this Policy. You consent to your personal information being transferred to other countries regardless of the data protection laws applicable in those countries.
Rights available to you in relation to your personal information
You have the right to control the manner in which your personal information is processed by SAIA. You may request access to, verification, restriction and deletion of your personal information upon
reasonable grounds. Please note that any such request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, depending on the nature of the information to which you require control.
To ensure that we can continue providing you with timeous communication and service, please remember to let us know if your information changes at any time.
Cookies and tracking technologies
SAIA uses cookie technology that is strictly necessary for administration and operation of our bsite. The technology helps SAIA to deliver its banner advertisements and other online communication.
Queries and complaints
You may lodge a query or complaint directly with our Information Officer or Deputy Information Officer. We have provided their contact details below:
Information Officer: Viviene Pearson
Deputy Information Officer: Mashudu Mabogo
Telephone: 011 726 5381
Our website may contain links to external websites and sources of information. This does not indicate endorsement by SAIA and due care should be taken before following such links.
Should you wish to contact the Information Regulator; we have provided their contact details:
Telephone: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
We reserve the right to update this notice on an ad hoc basis. To check for changes, please visit our website on a regular basis.
Last revised June 2021