South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI)
Anti-Competitive Policy Statement
“This forum is constituted to discuss issues affecting the industry. Various national and international laws restrict the exchange of information amongst competitors which might influence market conditions or lead to abuse. No such exchange or discussion will be permitted during any SAAEI meeting.”
South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI) is a Forum of the SAIA representing Engineering Insurers in the South African short-term insurance market.
The main classes of insurance in the engineering sector include:
- Construction/Erection All Risks
- Advanced Loss of Profits following Construction/Erection All Risks
- Plant All Risks
- Machinery Breakdown
- Loss of Profits following Machinery Breakdown
- Deterioration of Stock following Machinery Breakdown
- Electronic Equipment All Risks
The strategic vision and mission for SAAEI can be summarised as follows:
To be an effective forum for raising awareness and to develop and promote understanding of the Engineering classes of business to the wider insurance market and related stakeholders.
- To build a network of international engineering insurance practitioners to share knowledge.
- To provide training to engineering insurance and related practitioners.
- To promote, investigate, develop and enhance technical matters relating to engineering insurance.
- To promote social interaction between members.
- To engage and participate with other stakeholders on matters concerning engineering insurance.
SAAEI Executive Committee Members
- Susan De Wet (Chair) Old Mutual Insure
- Samuel McLennan (Vice Chair) Mirabilis
- Kobus van Niekerk – Consort Technical Underwriters
- David Waterworth – Old Mutual Insure
- Letlhogonolo Tau – Sasria
- Robbie Rykenberg – Lion of Africa
- Philani Mbatha – Munich Reinsurance Company of Africa Ltd
- Keith Barlow-Jones – C & G
- Marcel De Jager – C & G (Alt)
- Krushayev Moodley – Hollard
- Sanet Olivier (Alt) – Mirabilis
- Zain Hoosen – Bryte Insurance
To contact or correspond with SAAEI through the above Executive Members, please contact: Promise Mhlanga (Senior Forums Secretariat)
South African Insurance Association (SAIA), Ground floor, Willowbrook House, Lake Drive, Constantia Office Park, c/o 14th Avenue and Hendrik Potgieter Street, Weltevreden Park, 1709, P.O Box 5098, Weltevreden Park, 1715
Tel: +27 11 726 5381, Telefax: 086 647 2275
- Golf Day: 3 October 2017
- Lunch-time market talk: 30 August 2017
- Engineering Conference: 19 - 20 October 2017
- Chairman’s Review 2016
- Contractual agreements in construction projects
- Cyber Risk
- Renewable Energy/Power projects
- Plant All Risks (New Replacement Value’s/Market Value’s and Average
- Third Party Liability (Premium and Claims)
- Inherent Defects